Orlando known primarily for its theme park attractions hold a number of hidden gems that are often overlooked. Whether you need a great spot for two or a place to take the whole family Orlando won’t disappoint. Ranging from places to wine and dine to a scenic walk through a botanical garden these spots are truly one of a kind…
1. Dine and Watch…at Enzian Theater in Orlando you can do just that. This theater offers a full menu as well as a selection of small art of foreign films to watch at the same time. The Café offers a wide variety of foods throughout the shows and plays host to a film festival once a year. Next time you are in Orlando give them a buzz at 407.629.0054.
2. More of the outdoors type? Try taking in a bit of the natural parks located in and around Orlando. The Wekiwa Springs and Lake Eola Parks offer a peaceful and relaxing getaway from the city life surrounding Orlando. Wekiwa Spring is known for its crystal clear waters and wide variety of outdoor based sports, such as canoeing, fishing and camping. While Lake Eola Park offers 43 acres of vibrant flowers, floating fountain and black and white swans in the mile long lake. Lake Eola is ideal for a stroll along the lake to a number of tucked away restaurants with in short walking distance.
3. Missed your shot at American Idol try outs? Sneak on over to Rising Star, a karaoke bar in Orlando. This is no ordinary Karaoke bar…you become the lead singer in a live band. Opened from 8pm to 2am…your next shot at stardom is just a karaoke song away.
4. Care for a peak into the mystic beyond? Check out Cassadaga, also known as the “Psychic Center of the World”. Located just outside of Orlando, this small town is host to the supernatural with a quaint small town touch in its old world streets and century type homes. Give 386.228.3171 a call for a clearer glimpse into your future.
5. The Brunch is what it’s all about! Dexter’s of Thornton Park is places in downtown Orlando and has a rep for being part of the up and coming restaurants of the city. Keeping a diet in mind won’ do you much good at Dexter’s, known for its generous portions and its hearty food. If brunch isn’t your cup of tea, Dexter serves a wide variety of foods not related to that funky morning lunch food genre. Make sure and stop by for a bite next time your visiting Orlando.
These are but a few of the must see places in Orlando. The locals often know what and where you should stop at when your visiting their home towns. Make sure and ask! A little effort can go a long way when in an unknown city…and the pay off will be well worth it! Know any hidden gems in Orlando, FL? Share with us below!